Patient Access Representative Associate
St. Francis Regional Medical Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:December 12, 2023
Department:16008943 RCM St Francis Patient Access
Shift:Permanent Evenings (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Union Contract:SEIU-4-St Francis Service and Maintenance
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Responsible for greeting and welcoming patients in person. Provides a standard registration process by collecting demographic and financial data and enters information into electronic medical record.
Key Position Details:
- Every other weekend rotation
- Benefit Eligible
- Greets and welcomes patient in person.
- Collects demographic and insurance information.
- Checks in or interviews patient to complete appropriate paperwork.
- Directs patient to their appointment or procedure.
- May assist in scheduling add-on appointments.
- Verifies eligibility and benefits information for payers and interprets results.
- Obtains signatures from patients as needed.
- Collects co-pay or deductibles and respond to questions regarding financial assistance programs available. Refers complex questions as needed.
- Uses resources, tools and procedures to complete accounts in assigned work queues.
- Assists patient in completion of request for information forms and submits to appropriate department.
- May gather medical record information from all departments for collection.
- May mentor new staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 16 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Customer service experience required and
- General office experience required and
- Experience using computer including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required and
- Knowledge of the components of revenue cycle and health care insurance preferred
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently