St. Francis Regional Medical Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 13, 2023
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:20
Union Contract:SEIU-4-St Francis Service and Maintenance
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Assist with the preparation and delivery of meals to all service areas including patients, cafeteria, catering and others. Uses proper cooking, cooling and reheating techniques to ensure food safety. Washes all dishes, trays, cookware, carts and utensils. May also operate a cash register.
Key Position Details:
- Every Other Weekend
- Holidays based off of bidding process
- Need to have daytime availability 1-2 Weekdays remainder of shifts Evening
- Day shift 8 hours start times vary from 600am to 8am ending times 230pm to 430pm
- Evening shifts 4pm-8pm
- Benefit Eligible
- SEIU Service Union
- Assists in preparation and set-up of assigned food for patients and employees.
- Follows cycle menus, modified menus and standardized recipes when preparing food.
- Assembles patient food trays according to dietary needs.
- Delivers and retrieves patient food trays.
- Prepares items for meal service in cafeteria.
- During meal service, correctly restocks product and maintains area.
- May set up catered meals and snacks as scheduled.
- May operate cash register.
- Uses proper cooking, cooling and reheating techniques to ensure food safety.
- Checks temperatures regularly prior to serving food.
- Labels, dates, covers and stores food properly.
- Utilizes sanitizing techniques for food, self and equipment.
- Disposes of garbage and waste properly.
- Washes all dishes, trays, cookware, carts and utensils.
- Assists in putting away grocery orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 16 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description
- High school diploma or GED preferred with one year of food service experience
- Experience in food service and/or sanitation standards required with high school diploma or GED preferred
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently