Patient Care Manager Emergency Department RN
St. Francis Regional Medical Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 13, 2023
Department:46003800 Nursing Administration
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Manages one or more defined areas of patient care services using available resources to ensure the delivery of efficient, safe, and compassionate patient care based on current standards of practice. Provides leadership to, and is accountable for, nursing practice in all areas of responsibility. Fosters a culture of accountability, excellence and staff participation/engagement supported by processes that provide timely information regarding performance and department-specific activities and accomplishments. Coordinates activities between defined areas and provides clinical and administrative leadership and expertise and serves as a link between nursing personnel and the other healthcare disciplines and staff throughout the organization.
This position has a major responsibility for the implementation of the organization's mission, vision, values, code of conduct, evidence-based practice, and nursing practice within their defined areas of responsibility and must create a learning environment that is open and respectful, and promotes the sharing of expertise to promote the benefits of health outcomes.
Key Position Details:
- No weekend rotation
- 8-hour shifts
- Emergency Department experience preferred
- Strategic Management.
- Develops and oversees department/program to ensure alignment to organizational mission, vision, values, strategic goals, and business strategies.
- Leads, develops, and implements in collaboration with physician leadership and other medical staff, administration and other health care providers, short and long range plans/programs which enhance department services.
- Manages and appropriately modifies tactics; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Achieves desired outcomes.
- Clinical Practice Knowledge.
- Assumes responsibility for evidence-based practice in designated practice areas. Defines, interprets, monitors and maintains standards of practice.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of service.
- Participates in evaluation, selection and integration of health care technology and information management systems that support quality of care/financial needs and the efficient use of resources.
- Performance Improvement – Safety, Risk and Regulatory.
- Utilizes process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within the department.
- Designs work processes and directs work performance to be compliant with all regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Ensures a culture and environment of safety for patients, staff and visitors.
- Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance for department and ensures compliance of department and staff.
- Leadership of Nursing Staff.
- Leads recruitment and hiring for positions.
- Onboards, orients, and provides ongoing coaching, mentoring and support to staff.
- Provides leadership, management, oversight and work direction. Establishes clear expectations and deliverables.
- Conducts annual evaluations and necessary corrective action for assigned staff.
- Determines workload balance and distributes volume of work among staff.
- Understands and manages labor relationships.
- Acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
- Financial Management.
- Develops, implements, monitors and maintains a realistic, cost-effective annual budget and manages productivity within the department.
- Manages and identifies strategies to ensure efficient use of staff, supplies, and capital equipment.
- Ensures strategies in planning for resource management, operational, and capital budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required and
- Master's degree preferred
- 3 to 7 years of clinical experience required
- 2 to 5 years of leadership experience preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required
- CPR - Multisource required
- American Nurse Credentialing Center Certification preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently