Telemetry Unit Coordinator
St. Francis Regional Medical Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 06, 2023
Posting Expiration Date:November 14, 2023
Department:46003209 Patient Care Support Services
Shift:Permanent Nights (United States of America)
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Hours Per Week:30
Union Contract:SEIU-4-St Francis Service and Maintenance
Weekend Rotation:Every 3rd
Job Summary:The Health Monitoring Coordinator monitors telemetry rhythms and related equipment and performs a wide variety of unit coordination and compliance related functions to facilitate and support the unit’s operations.
Key Position Details:
0.75 FTE; 12-hour shifts (7pm-7:30am); Every third weekend rotation to include Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Telemetry tech experience preferred.
- Monitors telemetry rhythms and Oxinet equipment.
- Correctly identifies rhythms and measures electrocardiogram (ECG) intervals.
- Communicates with RN staff of any change in telemetry or oxinet.
- Manages telemetry equipment (cleaning, log repairs, box counts).
- Performs coordination activities for the unit.
- Prioritizes work to meet healthcare providers requests.
- Completes Admission/Discharge/Transfer (ADT) functions per Excellian (electronic medical record) Workflow.
- Enters accurate accommodation codes and patient billing charges into Excellian.
- Maintains organized reports as delegated.
- Updates provider consults throughout the shift.
- Ensures work stations environment meets standards for cleanliness, safeness and presents a professional atmosphere.
- Orders, validates and stores supplies and patient education materials.
- Performs filings, mail and email distributions, copies, scanning and faxing functions per unit protocol.
- Assembles and organizes patient charts.
- Delivers excellent customer service and communications to patients.
- Answers phones and call lights in a timely manner, forwarding calls or information to the appropriate staff.
- Demonstrates courteous, responsive and timely communication with customers .
- Communicates with the Healthcare team and leaders to ensure effective working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Associate's or Vocational degree Health Unit Coordinator preferred
- 0 to 2 years as a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CME), or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current Basic Identification ECG, required to pass test within 90 days
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently