St. Francis Regional Medical Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 21, 2023
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:0
Union Contract:SEIU-8-St Francis Technical
Job Summary:Performs diagnostic radiological imaging, as defined by the location of department. These procedures would be as directed by providers or radiologist, providing timely and quality service to patients. Follows Imaging Department policies to maintain a safe, efficient and economical environment. Interacts with patients to welcome, explain and respond to questions and concerns during and following the procedure. See additional job description details for modality specific information.
Key Position Details:
Minimum of 2 shifts per month required
You will be sent a list of open shifts each month to sign up for, including weekdays and weekends 7a-3:30p, 3p-11p, and 11p-7a shifts. Open shifts are primarily 3pm-11pm.
- Completes procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
• Identifies patient with two identifiers.
• Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
• Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
• Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Performs procedures with high degree of accuracy
• Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
• Maintains work knowledge and competence.
• Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
• Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function
• Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
• Understands the Enterprise Medical Imaging/Picture Archiving and Communication System.
• Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Communicates with supervisor and team
• Reports problems, issues or ideas.
• Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work of others.
- Other duties as assigned
- Vocational or Technical Training graduate of accredited School of Radiologic Technology program
- 0 to 2 years medical imaging experience in Computerized Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Interventional Radiology (IR), or Mammography
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required must be registered upon hire
- Mammography advanced registry (M) within one year of hire, if working in that specialty area
- Must meet at least ONE of the requirements below within 60-days of hire:
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Red Cross
◦ Allina in-house BLS training
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently