Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
St. Francis Regional Medical Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 06, 2023
Department:72466301 St Francis Lab
Shift:Day/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:32
Union Contract:SEIU-8-St Francis Technical
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Key Position Details:
- Position is a combination of day and night shifts
- Every other weekend rotation
- Schedule is primarily days, rotating on nights 2 weekends out of 6, and support vacation coverage on night shift.
- **Night shift performance maintenance and quality control on all instrumentation.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures.
- Performs waived, moderate and highly complex analytical tests.
- Evaluates results for accuracy and resolves test problems.
- Recognizes, communicates, and documents results that require action.
- Follows all federal regulations including CAP, OSHA, COLA, CLIA, and HIPAA.
- Performs and documents required & advanced instrument maintenance, and quality control; takes appropriate remedial action.
- Customer service and patient order management.
- Greets patients, performs check-in process, and responds to patients needs.
- Evaluates patient orders for completeness and follows up as needed.
- Manages patient orders to ensure adherence to regulatory and billing requirements.
- Performs scheduling, ordering, and releasing patient's orders in the electronic medical record.
- Collection and processing of specimens.
- Reviews orders and verifies patient identification.
- Instructs customers on collection, procedures and protocols.
- Identifies and uses appropriate collection method to obtain samples for testing (venipuncture or capillary puncture).
- Collects samples and labels specimens.
- Evaluates acceptability of specimens.
- Performs processing of specimens.
- Administrative duties.
- Participates in departmental or system wide meetings, projects, or committees as required.
- Performs various clerical duties.
- Education, Regulatory, and Safety.
- Participates in the training of employees and students.
- Performs proficiency testing as assigned.
- CLIA Defined Responsibilities:
- § 493.1425 Standard; Testing personnel responsibilities. Moderate complexity.
- § 493.1495 Standard; Testing personnel responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree in a related laboratory field including clinical rotations or equivalent routes
- Laboratory or Medical Laboratory experience
- ASCP or AMT laboratory certification preferred. If not currently certified, must obtain certification within 180 days of hire
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently