Strategy and Business Development Consultant Senior
St. Francis Regional Medical Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 17, 2023
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:The Senior Strategy and Business Development Consultant is responsible for care continuum partnerships, strategic partnerships and transactions, new business development opportunities, strategic planning and execution. This position leads the complete project life cycle for these initiatives, from opportunity assessment through implementation. The Senior Strategy and Business Development Consultant’s customers are the Executive Leadership Team and Senior Leadership Teams in the organization. The Senior Consultant will work directly with the executive leaders to ensure successful implementation of the growth initiatives.
Key Position Details:
- Full time benefits eligible
- Strategic Partnerships, Transactions and Business Development.
- Leads the assessment of new care continuum partnerships, physician and hospital transactions as well as new business development opportunities.
- Develops strategies to identify new growth opportunities, prioritizes, and scopes new strategic partnerships and business transaction opportunities.
- Develops and manages business development leads.
- Works with Executive and Senior Leadership as well as corporate finance, legal, human resources, and marketing to develop internal negotiation parameters.
- Works with the potential partner’s senior leadership to understand their needs in the deal to effectively develop and negotiate partnership agreements.
- Advises on deal formation and design. Completes analysis of partnership models to drive decision-making activities with Executive Leadership, internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Completes research and analysis to support business case development bring recommendations and findings to Executive and Senior Leadership.
- Participates in financial planning activities such as benchmarking, financial projections, ROI to support capital investment in joint ventures, acquisitions, and affiliations.
- Develops effective, timely, and professional materials for Board of Directors review and approval.
- Manages internal and external resources to implement partnership.
- Creates business case deliverables and presents findings to executive management and external stakeholders.
- Ensures ethical and sound working relationships are in place with physicians, potential partners, vendors, staff, and all other professional contacts.
- Strategic Planning & Market Research.
- Leads strategic planning efforts and synthesize organizational strategies.
- Works with Executive Leaders and business unit leaders in developing strategic growth plans and executing of plan objectives.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential and financials.
- Leads strategic planning sessions for regional markets, clinical service lines, and business units with cross functional stakeholders.
- Uses market analytic tools and data analysis to build and inform the strategy.
- Incorporates best-in-practice planning methodologies including using market assessment and competitive research.
- Accountable for development of deliverables.
- Leads capital planning and prioritization process as part of planning efforts.
- Provides content expertise in clinical service line intelligence.
- Contributes to the company’s revenue and growth forecasting efforts.
- Strategy Execution.
- Provides program management for the most complex, urgent, and impactful system wide initiatives.
- Ensures all initiatives and projects meet the ethical and regulatory standards of Allina Health.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree Business, Marketing, Healthcare Administration or related field required
- Master's degree MBA, MHA or related field preferred
- 7+ years In mergers, acquisitions and deal formation; or experience working with senior and executive leadership; or project management/improvement systems experience required
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently