St. Francis Regional Medical Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:December 27, 2023
Department:56002015 Support Services Rehab
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides athletic training medical services to organizations such as high schools, colleges, amateur club teams and professional teams. Coordinates care for the patients across the continuum in collaboration with orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians and other health care providers. Provides outreach athletic training medical services to the community and provide clinic assistance in an orthopedic and sports medicine practice settings with all of our providers.
Key Position Details:
- Outreach support for Jordan High School/ may assist at Shakopee HS
- Occasional clinical hours at Shakopee St. Francis Valley Rehab Services
- Variable/Flexible Schedule
- Full time benefits eligible
- Provides injury prevention and coordination to student athletes.
- Provide support and care through attendance at practices and games as outlined by school contracts.
- Develop programming that maximizes performance within the athlete’s potential.
- Coordinate the clinical access of the injured athlete in an effective and appropriate manner.
- Supervise the conditioning and/or rehabilitation of the student athlete in the school setting.
- Act as a member of the care team in the athletic clinic setting.
- Develop the plan and assist the athlete in injury rehab process.
- Perform effective assessment, first aid, and rehabilitation of the injured.
- Assess the recovery of the injured athlete and initiate changes based on knowledge and consultation with the care team.
- Maintains records on students treated for injuries using the palm pilot software program.
- Communicate information to student athletes, parents, patients and family regarding care, self-care and follow-up.
- Strives for cooperation with other clinical areas and agencies focusing on patient centered care.
- Assist with maintaining communication and physical referrals.
- Serves as clinical instructor for students as assigned by student coordinator.
- Maintains a safe environment for self and athlete by using equipment properly.
- Assist departmental operations.
- Implement and coordinate athletic training coverage schedule for appropriate contests and training room coverage.
- Assists with outreach budget including inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Reports, keep records and submit charges on services provided.
- Identify potential marketing opportunities in coordination with manager.
- Leads and participates in the education of high school students interested in athletic training.
- Assess and reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions.
- Provide clinical services.
- Perform selective modalities under the direct supervision of the physical therapist.
- Perform pre-screens, work hardening programs, and rehabilitation of the orthopedic patient under the direction of the physical therapist.
- Follows the treatment plan of the physical therapy patient.
- Communicates observations, facts, and comments with multidisciplinary team members, individually and through team conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training required
- Master's degree in Athletic Training preferred
- 2 to 5 Years in department, program or service area required
- Licensed Athletic Trainer - MN Board of Medical Practice required if providing services in MN upon hire or
- Licensed Athletic Trainer - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required if providing services in WI upon hire and
- Certified Athletic Trainer - Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer required upon hire and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
- Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) Upon Hire required
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently