QUALITY ASSURANCE: Quality Compliance Specialist
KEB America Inc
The QC Specialist will carry out various tasks within the Quality Assurance department related to product certification and regulatory compliance. Much of the work will be administrative work to maintain information related to product compliance.
This person will also interface with other employees in the operations, engineering, and sales departments as compliance related inquiries come up. They will serve as the primary contact to various agencies, interfacing with them during projects, audits, and follow up work. The primary requirements are good attention to detail and computer skills, the specific duties will be learned through on-the-job training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Create, review, and manage compliance projects.
- Maintain certifications for current standards such as RoHS, REACH, etc. relating to products, contacting suppliers for information when necessary.
- Represent the organization in communications and audits involving third-party regulatory agencies such as UL, CSA, etc.
- Interface with customers by addressing compliance related inquiries.
- Work with operations, engineering, and sales personnel within the company on compliance related projects.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of compliance standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Maintain databases related to compliance and calibration information.
Education / Experience
- Minimum education level High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses attention to detail
- Advanced computer and typing skills
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Ability to work well independently as well as with others
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow all safety rules
- Ability to read and comprehend product standards and to further be able to clearly communicate the requirements to other team members*
- Ability to read and comprehend schematics, technical drawings, block diagrams, bills of material, and other detailed technical documentation*
- Ability to research complex problems and find solutions
- Understanding of SAP ERP* system
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health saving account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexible schedule
- Educational assistance
- Growth opportunities
- And more!