Senior Electrical Engineer
Career Growth, Flexibility and Collaboration!
Entrust is dedicated to securing a world in motion by enabling trusted identities, payments, and data protection around the globe. Headquartered in Minnesota, we offer our colleagues the ability to work globally, in a flexible and collaborative environment. Our team makes an impact!!
The Company: Entrust relies on curious, dedicated and innovative individuals whom anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust’s technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers.
We Believe: Securing identities is most effective when we value all identities. We are committed to ensuring that, through diversity and inclusion, the many voices that make up our communities are heard. From unconscious bias training for managers to global affinity groups that create connections both within and across our enterprise, Entrust expects and encourages all individuals to accept and respect one another. And, of course, to be themselves.
Position Overview: As an Electrical Engineer, you will utilize your design and analytical skills to lead the development of products from concept to production. The new product development team designs innovative products for the card personalization business. Your expertise with embedded hardware design, embedded firmware design, prototyping, debugging, coordinating multiple vendors, and interfacing directly with the manufacturing organizations will be critical to your success in this role. You will have the opportunity to develop electronics used in printing, smart card, RFID, motion control and laser technologies.
- Design, schematic capture, and prototype microcontroller and microprocessor based products
- Develop firmware and/or FGPA designs
- Test and verify new designs
- Implement designs into production
- Identify engineering trends and drive strategies to guide the organization’s technical direction
- Work with vendors and sourcing to define technical requirements for the product/components
- Design to and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, FCC, and CE
- Create and execute test plans for hardware and software validation
- Design and implement test fixtures to verify the circuit boards and/or systems functionality for production testing
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in embedded hardware design, schematic capture, layout, and board bring up
- Deep experience in analog and digital circuit design including DC/DC power supplies, Ethernet, USB, DDR memory, PCIe, SPI, I2C and UARTs
- Strong experience developing in C/C++ and/or VHDL or Verilog
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, lab technicians, product management and customers in a team environment
- Must be able to lawfully work within the US and have unrestricted work authorization for US
- Working knowledge of EE design tools (Mentor Graphics)
- Working knowledge of FPGA tools (Xilinx, Microsemi, Altera)
- Experience with smart card, printing or stepper motor design
- Basic understanding of project management (timelines, costs, requirements, resources)
- 10+ years of experience in embedded hardware design, schematic capture, layout, and board bring up
Why Should You Apply?
Leader in the security industry
Friendly, supportive & knowledgeable teams
Opportunities for on-the-job training
You’ll help secure identities!
Benefits and Perks
At Entrust we offer all of our regular full-time employees the following benefits and perks. (plus many more..)
Medical, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
401k (dollar for dollar up to 6%)
Continuous Education programs
Employee Assistance program
Benefits are in accordance with the terms and conditions of the benefits plan and subject to change at the company’s discretion at any time
For US roles, or where applicable:
Entrust is an EEO/AA/Disabled/Veterans Employer