Software Developer II
Career Growth, Flexibility and Collaboration!
Entrust is dedicated to securing a world in motion by enabling trusted identities, payments, and data protection around the globe. Headquartered in Minnesota, we offer our colleagues the ability to work globally, in a flexible and collaborative environment. Our team makes an impact!!
The Company: Entrust relies on curious, dedicated and innovative individuals whom anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust’s technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers.
We Believe: Securing identities is most effective when we value all identities. We are committed to ensuring that, through diversity and inclusion, the many voices that make up our communities are heard. From unconscious bias training for managers to global affinity groups that create connections both within and across our enterprise, Entrust expects and encourages all individuals to accept and respect one another. And, of course, to be themselves.
Position Overview: The Senior Software Developer will work with a development team creating and maintaining our large system line of card and passport printers. This position requires some troubleshooting and debugging skills. The qualified candidate will work alongside other developers to gain knowledge, experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
Software Development - 75%
- Design, develop, test, document and deploy software
- Assist in reviewing product requirements and estimation of work
- Work with test group to validate functionality
Software Continuation - 15%
- Review and Respond to reported field problems
- Try to reproduce problem
- Fix and/or identify workaround to the problem
Reviewing and Testing work from others on the team - 10%
- Reviewing and unit testing code from others on team
- Reviewing Technical documents of released functionality
- BS / BA in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years experience in Java and C++.
- Experience with Windows updates and securing Windows OS systems.
- Diagnostic skills
- XML parsing and manipulation
- Image processing
- Web services
- Network communications
- Low-level security protocols
- Experience in Python,C#,.NET, Windows development
- GUI application programing using Java Swing
- Experienced with agile processes, methodologies, and tools on multi-person teams and projects
- Experience or desire working with smart card application programming and/or printer communication.
- Experience with printer communication languages and interfaces such as SNMP, pcl and postscript.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Mail Merge.
- Experience with Inter-process communication protocols.
- Experience with concurrency/multi-threaded development environments
- Experience working with mechanical systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with multi-person teams and projects
Our growing company relies on curious, dedicated, and innovative colleagues to anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile, and secure world. Entrust technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises, and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees, and consumers. Each year, our solutions secure billions of transactions — and every day, our technologies issue and manage more than 10 million secure identities. How do we do all of this? Together.
Join us. Together we’ll create solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure life.
Entrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
NO AGENCIES, NO RELOCATION
This role is eligible for a remote or hybrid work arrangement. Please consult with the recruiter for more information.
For US roles, or where applicable:
Entrust is an EEO/AA/Disabled/Veterans Employer