The HR Assistant will assist in providing human resources support including but not limited to company policies, recruiting, onboarding, employee recognition and engagement, and employee relations. The HR Assistant will perform a combination of routine, multiple and varying HR assignments, providing professional support to CyberPower employees, serving as an information resource on human resources-related processes and procedures as well as processing and maintaining HR documentation. The ideal candidate has a strong sense of confidentiality, ethical behavior, and accountability.
- Participate in surveys and collect data for the purpose of supporting annual compensation reviews.
- Assist in benchmarking positions against market to ensure competitive compensation.
- Coordinate and set guidelines for company recruitment efforts, managing the Applicant Tracking System.
- Develop, write, and coordinate job postings collaborating with hiring managers to create concise and accurate descriptions; update and maintain job description database.
- Post positions internally and externally; utilize online recruiting sources to identify and recruit candidates.
- Review, screen, and interview applicants; maintain active relationships with candidates and refers candidates for additional interviews with others in organization; provides shortlist of qualified
candidates to hiring managers and schedules interviews.
- Arrange travel and lodging for out-of-town applicants.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop and maintain network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Develop recruitment programs, budgets, and collateral to attract applicants and to fill specific job openings.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Coordinate employee onboarding and new hire training.
- Conduct new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Coordinate with IT and hiring managers for new hire equipment.
- Create and schedule new hire training agenda.
- Prepare desk space for new hires.
- Facilitate new hire meet & greets and quarterly luncheons.
- Maintain the company organization chart and phone list.
- Maintain third party HR Vendor relationships, working with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates.
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants. Make public presentations at schools, organizations, and job fairs regarding the organization and opportunities.
- Coordinate participation in, sets up display, and works at job fairs.>
- Coordinate Company’s intern program, collaborating with department leaders on current needs
and opportunities for development.
- Coordinate travel as requested including booking hotel reservations for remote employees and company visitors, securing conference space or workspace, and communicating any IT needs.
- Order business cards after they have been approved by department manager or GM.
- Coordinate company meetings and gifts.
- Bi-annual Taipei Team Visit – responsible for putting together gift bags, agendas, proactively communicating to the company and leadership team appropriately, hotel arrangements, and
making food reservations and/or ordering and setting up food daily.
- Meetings – responsible for ordering food, setting-up/breaking-down conference room.
- Orders catering a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Books conference rooms a minimum of 24 hours in advance, notifying the administrative
team of any visitors.
- Company trainings – responsible for setting-up/breaking-down the meeting space.
- Manages the purchase and sending of Company holiday gifts and cards annually.
- Collaborate and consult on company-wide policies, may assist in the creation and refinement of company-wide HR policies.
- Update employee records with changes and/or corrections in employment status, including salary, position information, scheduled hours, and personal information; files and maintains records.
- Assist with the development of Company intranet; maintain accurate information and update in a timely fashion.
- Maintain confidentiality and follow documented standard operating procedures (SOPs), providing timely updates as needed.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Process weekly Payroll and work on Temp employees’ timecards.
- High School Diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred in business-related discipline.
- If no degree, four years of relevant experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in HR, recruiting or similar field.
- aPHR or PHR certification desired.
- Proven ability to work with confidential information proficiently.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills appropriate for all levels of an organization.
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies, and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence, and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member, self-motivating.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing these duties the person is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, climb stairs, kneel, or crouch and successfully demonstrate the ability to write or use a computer or other electronic devices and operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Employees in this position may need to regularly lift at least 5 lbs. and up to 30 pounds occasionally and may need to exert themselves while performing the above-mentioned duties.
- Perform a variety of physical labor including climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching and standing for long periods of time. Also includes being able to lift boxes, tools, equipment and materials.
- Ability to drive a car and travel to worksites. Employee will be reimbursed mileage according to corporate reimbursement schedule if using a personal vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made as needed to assure staff is safe. Assistance will be provided if employee is unable to complete a task.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Current driver’s license along with a good driving record and valid insurance.