The Technical Support Representative provides positive product support via phone and electronic communications. This role works independently and as part of a team to find the best solution to the matter at hand. This position is responsible for providing accurate and prompt support for all CyberPower’s product lines (accessories, UPS, surge, software, etc.). It requires excellent customer service to our business partners and end-user customers.
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely day-to-day product support for end-users, sales team, and distributors.
- Communicate directly with external customers to ascertain difficulties with products and assist in resolving them.
- Deliver exceptional customer service on every communication, which includes demonstrating patience, the ability to listen, empathize, analyze, and adapt to customer situations adeptly.
- Navigate user’s issue and provide a positive customer experience.
- Response to web tickets requests via phone, instant messaging, and/or email in a manner consist with company practices and protocols, adjusting delivery that best meets the need of the end user.
- Responsible for upholding team metrics, company and individual performance goals requesting assistance in a proactive manner.
- Promptly answer support related emails, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Track customer communications in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging new technologies in order to assist customers who have adopted them.
- Manage, prioritize, and resolve or escalate support requests as appropriate.
- Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Attend and participate in Customer Support Team meetings.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in Technical Customer Support interacting in a positive and professional manner desired.
- Passionate about technology with the ability to quickly learn technically related material.
- Intermediate computer skills, including experience operating within Windows, Mac, and Linux environments Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
- Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
- Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing these duties the person is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, climb stairs, kneel, or crouch and successfully demonstrate the ability to write or use a computer or other electronic devices and operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Employees in this position may need to regularly lift at least [25 lbs. and up to 80] pounds occasionally and may need to exert themselves while performing the above-mentioned duties.
- Perform a variety of physical labor including climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching and standing for long periods of time. Also includes being able to lift boxes, tools, equipment and materials.
- Ability to drive a car and travel to worksites. Employee will be reimbursed mileage according to corporate reimbursement schedule if using a personal vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made as needed to assure staff is safe. Assistance will be provided if employee is unable to complete a task.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions..
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Current driver’s license along with a good driving record and valid insurance.