Director of Customer Experience
Brewers Supply Group
Brewers Supply Group (BSG) is looking for a Director of Customer Experience to join our team in Shakopee Minnesota.
Brewer’s Supply Group (BSG), a subsidiary of Rahr Corporation, supports the craft beer, wine and distilling industries as the leader for industry-related supplies and ingredients. Rahr Corporation (Rahr) is a family-owned global leader in the production and distribution of barley malt and related brewing supplies in operation since 1847. BSG and Rahr are headquartered in Shakopee, MN with distribution centers strategically located across the United States and Canada, plus a dedicated hop processing facility in the Pacific Northwest. This allows us to serve the needs, wherever a brewery, winery, distillery, storefront, or cidery is located.
BSG is engaged in a business transformation to provide a better and differentiated experience that makes BSG the first choice among its customers. The Director of Customer Experience will help build and drive our new customer experience strategy by leading end-to-end cross-company efforts to drive customer loyalty and differentiation in our industry. This is a new role and function for BSG/Rahr, and this leader will own the creation of a multi-year roadmap that builds a best-in-class experience for our customers and delivers attainable value for BSG and our customers.
The Director of Customer Experience will represent the voice of our customer and will lead his/her team to build and deliver actionable customer insights, as well as ensuring the entire organization has a deep understanding of customer needs, behaviors and outcomes which will inform and direct how BSG/Rahr engages with our customers. In collaboration with other functions and corporate stakeholders, this leader makes certain that our overall Customer Experience is in alignment with our strategic goals and delivers on our brand promise.
This critical leader will also oversee our supplier management and communication, customer event planning and execution, as well as the technical learning and development for our product portfolio that enables our sales and marketing teams to interface with customers effectively and supports customer education and learning across our complex product portfolio. This role requires a deep passion for the customer coupled with strong leadership capability, excellent communication, collaboration and analytical skills. To be successful the Director of Customer Experience should be comfortable with ambiguity and possess the ability to influence and gain alignment with leadership and cross-functional partners.
Benefits and Perks
Competitive Base Salary
Life Focused Benefits Including:
- Medical benefits with a company paid premium of 90%
- Dental and Vison Programs
- Generous 401k Company Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Paid Time Off including:
- Generous PTO
- Sick Time
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Parental Leave
Career Growth and Progression Paths
Stability and Backing of a 176-year-old Family Owned and Operated Company
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of customer experience strategy, standards, methodologies and executional roadmap for the Customer Experience team at BSG/Rahr. Aligns vision, process and approach with leadership and cross-functional peers.
- Partner with Marketing VP to build and communicate a vision and passion for optimizing our Customer Experience, and translating this vision into actionable, attainable objectives and that are adopted cross-functionally.
- Develop a prioritized 5-year roadmap of customer experience improvement initiatives that incorporates learning from customer insights/VOC, the customer journey by segment and other related customer data and analytics.
- Build and execute our new voice of customer programming and incorporate analytics and data from multiple sources to improve and refine business processes, delivering on customer expectation, increasing satisfaction, retention and loyalty.
- Harness data from multiple sources and various tools to further develop Customer Segmentation, personas and profiles, map customer journeys and develop differentiated value propositions. Collaborate with the marketing and content teams to represent the voice of customer, creating messaging and other content that will resonate across our customer segments and align with our executional strategies and program calendars.
- Collaborate with our Commercial Analytics, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing teams to define and nurture the BSG Customer Experience. Develop and implement best practices that can be embedded across functions at BSG.
- Influence cross-functional teams to prioritize and drive work that positively impacts how we engage with customers and encourages adoption of customer-centric mindset.
- Partner with IT, Marketing and Ecommerce teams to represent our VOC and help drive a transformational digital strategy and framework that elevates our experience levels and provides a positive holistic experience throughout the entire customer journey, including both internal and customer-facing technology.
- Lead team to deliver positive, productive interaction with product suppliers including annual planning, communication cadence, event participation and co-travel that ultimately builds on our work to deliver against our customer experience vision.
- Oversee our technical learning and development programming for our complex product portfolio that enables our commercial teams to interface with customers effectively, and supports customer education, interest and ultimately conversion.
- Manage the creation and communication of project-level dashboards to provide progress tracking against aligned KPIs for customer satisfaction and related customer experience initiatives. Determine appropriate KPIs and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Partner with your event manager to build our customer-focused event strategy and programming for US and Canada including vision, budgeting, planning & execution and ensure alignment to BSG strategy.
- Improve BSG’s competitive position by gathering market intelligence and monitoring competition in regards to customer experience.
- Understand the financial and economic drivers of our business and industry, translating how customers experience and focused improvement activity will impact our business.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or other related field. MBA or other relevant advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of leadership experience leading large initiatives with embedded customer-experienced focus that have broad organizational impact, and leading and developing diverse teams of customer-focused team members, setting vision, goals and process to inspire and motivate.
- Experience in craft brewing or related beverage alcohol industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker, highly commercially-focused with a strong passion for the customer and a drive for executional excellence.
- Experienced in building and optimizing customer journey maps including the customer lifecycle, friction point reduction or removal, identification and prioritization of customer-focused initiatives, and reporting/feedback loops to drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience with methodologies, tools and reporting for voice of customer programs, needs assessments, customer segmentation, and KPI/measurement for customer satisfaction ((NPS, CSAT, CES or CX Index) and other customer experience focused metrics.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment; track record of ability to influence through persuasion and consensus-building to earn buy-in and facilitate productive cross-functional work.
- Proven ability translate complex concepts, analytics and processes into clear, concise, and compelling messages for broad audiences; excellent professional presence and comfortable presenting to senior leadership.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and storytelling abilities to develop engaging and educational perspectives- bringing the organization along our customer-focused journey to improve the way we do business with our customers.
- Experienced in fostering positive, collaborative relationships with peers, cross-functional business partners and leadership, working effectively across functions and teams.
- Works well under pressure and successfully navigates ambiguity in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, often unpredictable environment with multiple competing priorities.
How to Apply:
If you are excited about the prospect of being a part of the Craft Brewing Industry and have the skills and experience, we are looking for, please submit your resume and application through the link provided.
Join BSG and contribute to our tradition of excellence in the Craft Brewing Industry!
Brewer’s Supply Group (BSG), a subsidiary of Rahr Corporation, is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.