Passive Optical Device (POD) Engineer
Andrew Wireless Solutions
In our 'always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do. As a Passive Optical Device engineer, you design the optical circuits using passive optical components, such as FBT/PLC splitters and WDM filters, to meet the designated optical functional requirement. We value teamwork so you will be expected to be in our Shakopee, MN office Monday through Friday.
How You'll Help Us Connect the World:
- Understand the technical concept of “Passive Optical Device/Component” and gain technical competency in the POD domain: the industrial standard GR1209 & GR1221, and then corresponding IEC standards
- Collaborate with suppliers to design the optical circuits using the passive optical components for different POD modules, such as LGX, FOSC, and 1RU.
- Use the optical, mechanical, and statistical knowledge to maintain the existing products, to improve the quality and to reduce the cost.
- Provide daily support to local PLM and work as the core team member on POD projects
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Completed bachelor’s degree in physics, Engineering or a related field
- Ability to be in the Shakopee, MN office Monday through Friday
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
- Previous internship experience
- Excellent teammate - good communicator with analytical/critical thinking – problem-solving skills
- Learn quickly and want to learn
- Work in an organized, accurate and structured manner and able to multi-task with focus
- Time Management and being able to set the right priorities
- Excellent knowledge of and application of statistical methods in testing and result analysis
What Happens After You Apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://jobs.commscope.com/content/How-We-Hire/?locale=en_US
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables groundbreaking discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to create what's next….. connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please get in touch with us to submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.