Manufacturing Plant Engineer
Anchor Glass Container
Job TitleManufacturing Plant Engineer
Anchor Glass Container Corporation, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a leading North American manufacturer of premium glass containers with six, strategically located production facilities throughout the US. Founded in 1983, Anchor serves many of the most iconic and recognizable consumer packaging brands in the beer, beverage, spirits and food industries. Anchor Glass Container Corporation strives to exceed customer expectations through unrelenting attention to detail. What we do goes beyond glass making. We find incredible meaning in all the small things that create enriching experiences for customers and consumers alike. Everything we do – creating, customizing, shipping, collaborating – we do with the customer’s best interests in mind. Each solution is the result of a thousand-and-one details coming together in brilliant succession, thanks to our team of experts that do whatever it takes to make life easier and more enjoyable for our customers. With over 2,000 US-based team members, Anchor Glass has the size and scale to service all of your glass packaging needs, without the complexity and bureaucracy associated with larger suppliers. Excellence is in the details!
Job SummaryAssists in planning and designing manufacturing processes for a production facility. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization. Determines the parts, equipment, and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, document or improve process records and supporting information for new and existing products, for the purpose of training and/or ensuring a controllable, repeatable process. Assist with interpreting statistical process control data, collection and analysis.
- Access and/or develop and revise technical information (i.e. process records, SOP’s, layout drawings) as needed to support manufacturing operations. Perform designed experiments to determine actions needed for improved process capabilities.
- Develop and manage projects to integrate new technology or modify existing processes considering cost, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors, for the purpose of process improvements. Review and suggest revisions or initiate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage the integration process for the form preventative maintenance system & process.
- Direct, coordinate and/or assist manufacturing projects as needed. Work in conjunction with plant manufacturing to maintain production, quality and safety standards.
- Provide engineering support and assistance to operations for the resolution of manufacturing problems or other needs to maintain production schedules as required.
- Provide and/or develop technical expertise to design, install and troubleshoot mechanical support systems and material handling systems.
- Assist with technical investigation of system and equipment failure root cause analysis incorporating corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Additional Supporting Responsibilities
- Coordinate all planned maintenance and minor construction activities in designated facility area.
- Identify and develop standard work routines and task lists.
- Assist with supply chain coordination (with Materials Management and Procurement).
- Assist with work scheduling as needed.
- Attend Weekly Scheduling Meeting.
- Analyze work completed feedback and execute follow-up actions.
Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred OR minimum 2-4 years of experience in engineering field or in a related area.
Preferred minimum 2 years experience providing technical service and /or engineering support in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
Read and interpret electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and instruction manuals.
Demonstrated project management and troubleshooting ability.
5%-10% travel required.
PC skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Word and Microsoft Project
Experience with electrical/mechanical CAD, Allen Bradley PLCs, Studio 5000, various HMI interfaces (Proface, FTView ME/SE), VFDs including but not limited to PowerFlex 525, Yaskawa V1000, Leroy Somer DigiDrive, and experience with various networking equipment
Ability to perform Root Cause Analysis and develop plans from resulting findings
Installation, programming, troubleshooting automation axis controls