Apprentice Mould Maker
Anchor Glass Container
Job TitleApprentice Mould Maker
Anchor Glass Container Corporation, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a leading North American manufacturer of premium glass containers with six, strategically located production facilities throughout the US. Founded in 1983, Anchor serves many of the most iconic and recognizable consumer packaging brands in the beer, beverage, spirits and food industries. Anchor Glass Container Corporation strives to exceed customer expectations through unrelenting attention to detail. What we do goes beyond glass making. We find incredible meaning in all the small things that create enriching experiences for customers and consumers alike. Everything we do – creating, customizing, shipping, collaborating – we do with the customer’s best interests in mind. Each solution is the result of a thousand-and-one details coming together in brilliant succession, thanks to our team of experts that do whatever it takes to make life easier and more enjoyable for our customers. With over 2,000 US-based team members, Anchor Glass has the size and scale to service all of your glass packaging needs, without the complexity and bureaucracy associated with larger suppliers. Excellence is in the details!
Job SummaryThe primary duties of a Mould Maker is to repair mold equipment by utilizing various tools and equipment to weld, file, grind, vent, polish, letter cut, lathe work, millwork etc.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Weld, grind, file, machine, and polish mold equipment and return equipment to specifications.
• Grind lathe tools and do lathe work as required.
• Run surface grinder when reducing mold equipment.
• Use manual lathe and milling machines when required for repairing mold equipment.
• Keep welding torches and gauges in safe and proper working condition.
• Use gauges to verify equipment is to correct dimensions.
• Keep work area clean and follow safe working practices.
• Inspect mold equipment when needed.
• Inform supervisor of irregularities of materials and mold equipment.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a production manufacturing environment.
• Technical school degree is desired (will consider years of experience and/or equivalent educational experience)
• CNC programming and operations preferred.
• Welding and blueprint reading experience preferred.
• Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
• Ability to follow and retain directions as well as manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to reach a common goal.
• Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality and safety.
• Ability to independently maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Basic computer knowledge.
Environment and Physical Requirements
• This is an hourly position in a union environment.
• Candidates must be able to swing shifts alternating between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
• Must be able to work in extreme hot temperatures.
• 100% inside work
• Noise level 70 dbs
• Exposures to dusts of lead, nickel, chromium, graphite
• Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies/programs within department responsibilities.