Anchor Glass Container
Job TitleOperations Manager
Anchor Glass Container Corporation, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a leading North American manufacturer of premium glass containers with six, strategically located production facilities throughout the US. Founded in 1983, Anchor serves many of the most iconic and recognizable consumer packaging brands in the beer, beverage, spirits and food industries. Anchor Glass Container Corporation strives to exceed customer expectations through unrelenting attention to detail. What we do goes beyond glass making. We find incredible meaning in all the small things that create enriching experiences for customers and consumers alike. Everything we do – creating, customizing, shipping, collaborating – we do with the customer’s best interests in mind. Each solution is the result of a thousand-and-one details coming together in brilliant succession, thanks to our team of experts that do whatever it takes to make life easier and more enjoyable for our customers. With over 2,000 US-based team members, Anchor Glass has the size and scale to service all of your glass packaging needs, without the complexity and bureaucracy associated with larger suppliers. Excellence is in the details!
Job SummaryOversees daily operations of plant production. Under direction of the Plant Manager, keeps production at maximum capacity while working within financial controls. Ensures all required quality and regulatory standards are met. Assists in developing processes for maximizing safety, quality, productivity and stewardship. May provide oversight to several plant level functions such as accounting, maintenance, distribution, and administration. Assists in developing major goals to support broad functional objectives. Reviews policies developed within various sub-functions and departments. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster a team environment of strong communication, collaboration, and a willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Involved in overall plant operations which may include finance, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, materials, quality assurance/control, human resources and information systems.
- Assist with aligning objectives within each function to achieve the business strategic goals. These objectives will include safety, quality, reliability, productivity and people development.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Assist in developing a culture of high trust, clear metrics, leading indicators, ownership and accountability.
- Observe daily operations to ensure facility performance is aligned to and achieves business objectives in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and people development.
- In conjunction with Plant Manager, coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the manufacturing objectives are accomplished and contribute to the overall success and instill a culture of accountability to perform against these objectives.
- Learn to optimize plant performance through the appropriate use of manpower, equipment and resources.
- Assist Plant Manager to set, measure and maintain the highest standards for process standards, plant housekeeping and safety.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Understand and ensure all regulatory compliance standards are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Manufacturing equivalent.
- Manufacturing experience of 7 plus years with 5 years operations leadership.
- Experience in change management, process improvement and optimization.
- Ability to lead in a way that builds trust with a passion to grow and develop self and others.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels – from shop floor to executive leadership.
- Willing to be accessible 24/7 and holidays to support facility as needed.