Anchor Glass Container
Job TitlePlant Manager
Anchor Glass Container Corporation, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a leading North American manufacturer of premium glass containers with six, strategically located production facilities throughout the US. Founded in 1983, Anchor serves many of the most iconic and recognizable consumer packaging brands in the beer, beverage, spirits and food industries. Anchor Glass Container Corporation strives to exceed customer expectations through unrelenting attention to detail. What we do goes beyond glass making. We find incredible meaning in all the small things that create enriching experiences for customers and consumers alike. Everything we do – creating, customizing, shipping, collaborating – we do with the customer’s best interests in mind. Each solution is the result of a thousand-and-one details coming together in brilliant succession, thanks to our team of experts that do whatever it takes to make life easier and more enjoyable for our customers. With over 2,000 US-based team members, Anchor Glass has the size and scale to service all of your glass packaging needs, without the complexity and bureaucracy associated with larger suppliers. Excellence is in the details!
Job SummaryOversees all daily operations of plant production. Keeps production at maximum capacity while working within financial controls. Ensures all required quality and regulatory standards are met. Develops processes for maximizing safety, quality, productivity and stewardship. May provide oversight to several plant level functions such as accounting, maintenance, distribution, and administration. Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives. Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages overall plant operations which may include finance, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, materials, quality assurance/control, human resources and information systems.
- Direct responsibility to align objectives within each function to achieve the business strategic goals. These objectives will include safety, quality, reliability, productivity and people development.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Will be responsible to develop a culture of high trust, clear metrics, leading indicators, ownership and accountability.
- Manage daily operations to ensure facility performance is aligned to and achieves business objectives in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and people development.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the manufacturing objectives are accomplished and contribute to the overall success and instill a culture of accountability to perform against these objectives.
- Optimize plant performance through the appropriate use of manpower, equipment and resources.
- Set, measure and maintain the highest standards for process standards, plant housekeeping and safety.
- Build a culture that includes an open, high trust, learning environment.
- Understand and ensure all regulatory compliance standards are met.
EMPLOYEE QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Manufacturing equivalent.
Manufacturing experience of 8+ years with 5 years operations leadership.
Glass manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
Experience working in a unionized environment.
Experience in change management, process improvement and optimization.
Experience managing operational budgets within a capital intensive industry.
Ability to lead in a way that builds trust with a passion to grow and develop self and others
Ability to effectively communicate at all levels – from shop floor to executive leadership.
Willing to be accessible 24/7 to support facility as needed.