Shift Supervisor - Production
Anchor Glass Container
Job TitleShift Supervisor - Production
Anchor Glass Container Corporation, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a leading North American manufacturer of premium glass containers with six, strategically located production facilities throughout the US. Founded in 1983, Anchor serves many of the most iconic and recognizable consumer packaging brands in the beer, beverage, spirits and food industries. Anchor Glass Container Corporation strives to exceed customer expectations through unrelenting attention to detail. What we do goes beyond glass making. We find incredible meaning in all the small things that create enriching experiences for customers and consumers alike. Everything we do – creating, customizing, shipping, collaborating – we do with the customer’s best interests in mind. Each solution is the result of a thousand-and-one details coming together in brilliant succession, thanks to our team of experts that do whatever it takes to make life easier and more enjoyable for our customers. With over 2,000 US-based team members, Anchor Glass has the size and scale to service all of your glass packaging needs, without the complexity and bureaucracy associated with larger suppliers. Excellence is in the details!
Job SummarySupervises the activities of selecting personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function. A Shift Supervisor Selecting has authority for personnel actions and oversees most day-to-day operations of group. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Responsible for overall leadership of shift activities through final inspection in the manufacture of glass containers for the food and beverage industry.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the quality of glass ware produced meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Coordinate the training of employees (SOP’s, TOP’s, SPC, safety practices, work skills and teamwork/communication skills.
- Provide appropriate follow-up (direction, revision, review, approval and control) for all policies and procedures, including SOP’s, TOP’s and forms.)
- Maintain good manufacturing practices.
- Ensure the maintenance of shift selecting records including job histories, downtime records, process information and other records.
- Generate, direct and coordinate all safety policies and procedures. Provide leadership to instill a safe environment and a culture for safe work practices.
- Ensure that proper housekeeping is maintained and that the plant is clean, floor spaces are clean and items are kept in order.
- Ensure that all interdepartmental requirements area communicated and met.
- Supervision and development of employees involved in the glass manufacturing process, ensuring job competency, employee development, training plans and performance appraisals.
- Drive the proper usage of statistical process control, process data collection and analysis.
EMPLOYEE QUALIFICATIONS:5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Two years supervisory experience.
Proficient in Microsoft office software.