Anchor Glass Container
Job TitleReliability Manager
Anchor Glass Container Corporation, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a leading North American manufacturer of premium glass containers with six, strategically located production facilities throughout the US. Founded in 1983, Anchor serves many of the most iconic and recognizable consumer packaging brands in the beer, beverage, spirits and food industries. Anchor Glass Container Corporation strives to exceed customer expectations through unrelenting attention to detail. What we do goes beyond glass making. We find incredible meaning in all the small things that create enriching experiences for customers and consumers alike. Everything we do – creating, customizing, shipping, collaborating – we do with the customer’s best interests in mind. Each solution is the result of a thousand-and-one details coming together in brilliant succession, thanks to our team of experts that do whatever it takes to make life easier and more enjoyable for our customers. With over 2,000 US-based team members, Anchor Glass has the size and scale to service all of your glass packaging needs, without the complexity and bureaucracy associated with larger suppliers. Excellence is in the details!
Job SummaryHigh level individual contributor who will develop corporate preventative and predictive reliability strategy, program, and implementation plan. Lead the maintenance team in best practices and managed reliability programs. Implement a new CMMS (Computer Maintenance Managed System) to ensure the proper preventative maintenance for manufacturing equipment. This individual will participate in safety reviews and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA). They will contribute ideas in the improvement to lean manufacturing and process improvement. Design and track maintenance activities along with root cause metrics and analyses.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the reliability of glass container production equipment and supporting electrical and mechanical utility systems.
- Defines and develops an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes value-added preventive maintenance tasks as well as effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Perform root cause failure analysis on reliability incidents to identify and correct physical, and latent root causes for chronic reliability issues.
- Support manufacturing work system teams by analyzing work notifications to ensure the right jobs are being worked on at the right time.
- Assist in planning of work orders for machine outages and daily work scheduling to achieve reliability targets of reduced downtime with increased machine availability.
- Develop capital project requests to eliminate chronic failures on equipment.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Manage all aspects of the execution of projects including the schedules, budgets, installations, and commissioning to successfully complete the project goals and objectives.
- Develop documentation and train plant personnel in related disciplines.
- Audit plant systems to improve operational effectiveness.
- Familiar with safety practices and procedures and committed to maintaining high safety standards.
- Other duties as required.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant experience
- Minimum of 7+ years’ relevant experience in reliability engineering, preferred industrial background in operations that run 24/7.
- Preventative mechanical machine maintenance experience is required.
- Knowledge of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Managed Systems) is required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Work effectively without close supervision and in a matrix team environment.
- Manage schedule and priorities of multiple projects and initiatives.
Travel up to 75% of time.